Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Snot Out of My Nose

Resumes. I’m drafting my C.V. to Resume form for some jobs (yea, yea . . . I know), and seriously I just about blew snot out of my nose reading some of these template resumes. Aside from the posting of personal information (i.e. home phone, address, school data), someone had a resume with ribbons all over it, another with her picture (notice I am employing my feminist genes and not making a remark), and . . . the one with flowers AND a picture. Yup, that one was my personal favorite.

Some dude said that he showed honesty and security with handling large sums of money at Wells Fargo Bank. Yea, this actually means “there were bank cameras so far up my meager teller’s ass that I couldn’t so much as sneeze without setting off an alarm!” Then there are the statements about “To find a position that showcases my ability to use my talents and skills.” Yea, really. Use your talents and skills? Isn’t that what everyone wants? I hear I’m good at French Kissing, should I put that in my resume under special skills? We all know it really comes out to, I’ll work for less than that chump with the college degree. Hire me sucker.

Okay, so I’m irritable at the moment. Well, who wouldn’t be with snot coming out her nose? None-the-less . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment